Supplier quality is tracked according to the Group guidelines, SAFe (Safran Requirements).
- A monthly assessment of production quality and performance.
- An annual performance review to establish results and performance objectives.
Safran Aircrat Engines distributes annual awards to suppliers who have logged outstanding performance in terms of logistics, quality, HSE, etc.
- Supplier Performance Award: created in late 2010, this award recognizes suppliers who have delivered outstanding quality and logistics performance for six months in a row, with an on-time delivery rate exceeding 98%.
- Golden Supplier Performance Award: an additional award that recognizes suppliers who have won four consecutive Supplier Performance Awards.
- Improving operational performance: Safran Aircraft Engines is also offering its suppliers an improvement method that is being applied widely within the company, QRQC (Quick Response Quality Control). Already proven in other industries, it is designed to speed up the resolution of problems on production lines by addressing them immediately.
Innovation does not just refer to revolutionary technologies and disruptive products, but also local imaginative solutions, which bolster a company's competitiveness day after day.
At Safran Aircraft Engines, innovation is everybody's business. Each year the company organizes a competition that recognizes the most promising initiatives, the Innovation Awards. In 2014, it was also opened to suppliers to further nurture the emergence and sharing of new ideas. This competition provides an ideal opportunity to publicize each supplier's dynamic innovation, show their improvement initiatives and spotlight their contribution to Safran Aircraft Engines' strategy and progress.
To participate in the Supplier category in the Innovation competition, click here