1. The HSE manager will be responsible for developing, managing, implementing and continuously improving HSE activities in the plant.
2. Manage the team to maintain compliance with China and local regulations as well as compliance with all SAFRAN Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) standards.
3. Demonstrate leadership in communicating HSE culture, standard, and policy.
4. Utilize his/her experience, expertise and cooperation skills to have the team solve problems, develop and execute objectives in terms of short-term and long-term business goals.
5. Responsible for the improvements in terms of HSE culture, safety awareness, people involvement, and deviation catching capacities.
6. Analyze the deviations, near-miss or injury cases, and define the corrective and preventive actions to improve the safety situation, environment impacts and people's health.
7. Take initiative to work with all the teams, to improve the working conditions, working environment, and safety conditions.
8. Develop programs/training to improve knowledge and skills related to HSE, for all concerned employees.
1. University Degree in Environmental Science, Industrial Safety, Engineering, Mechanical, Chemistry or related science.
2. Min.5 years professional experience in the position of HSE manager, with international companies.
3. Self-motivated, proactive and target oriented.
4. Understand the company strategy and be able to build the road maps and actions to reach the strategy inside the organizations, in terms of HSE aspects.
5. Capable of leading the direct teams and transversal teams to reach the company objectives.
6. Capable of developing the teams, and empowering them to take the ownership.
7. Knowledgeable of leading the daily continuous improvement activities in terms of HSE.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Aircraft Engines designs, develops, manufactures and markets, either on its own or in collaboration with partners, engines for commercial and military aircraft, to the best levels of performance, reliability and environmental friendliness. Through CFM International (a 50:50 JV between Safran Aicraft Engines and GE), the company is also the world leader in short- and medium-haul aircraft propulsion systems.