Jr Software Developer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Junior Software Developer
Reports to: IT Manager
The software developer develops specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modifies/maintains the existing software using VB.NET. This role develops, modifies and maintains applications that may be customized or standardized. This position participates in design and coding activities with other team members. The junior software developer will also meet data needs of multiple departments and database development/maintenance for activities pertaining to the company's computer and internal network systems.
- • Learn codebase using primarily VB.NET and utilizing Visual Studio 2010-2019, Azure DevOps, Git, .NET Framework 3.5 and later, ADO.NET
- • Work on small bug fixes and in tandem with other developers on larger projects
- • Documentation of workflows, processes and other documents as needed
- • Troubleshoot, maintain, monitor and provide support for existing systems
- • Familiarity with SQL server and SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio)
- • Some experience in unit testing.
- • Ability to successfully work directly with business end users
- • Creative problem-solving ability, allowing the individual to identify solid solutions to challenging business issues.
- • Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment
- • A passion for success and willingness to go above and beyond to accomplish goals.
- • Documentation
- • Problem Solving/Analysis.
- • Technical Capacity.
- • Communication Proficiency.
- • Time Management.
Required Education and Experience
- • Bachelor's of science in computer science or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- • 1+ years of relevant software development experience in C#, ASP.Net, Xamarin
- • 1+ years in Azure DevOps
- • 1+ years in Agile
What we are looking for
- • You're always learning and evolving (Webinars, company provided web learning, certifications)
- • Helpful and caring – Putting yourself out there for end users in need
- • Sponges - absorb it all in and elevate us to the next level
- • Team effort – we collaborate and communicate and succeed as a team and have lunch together!
- • Family tight knit workplace where we all know one another, work and have fun together
- • Game room and gym to take breaks and stress relief to resharpen focus and
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
No travel is expected for this position.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Aircraft Engines designs, produces and sells, alone or in partnership, commercial and military aircraft engines offering world-class performance. Through CFM International*, Safran Aircraft Engines is the world's leading supplier of engines for single-aisle mainline commercial jets. The company is also fully responsible for the design, development and production of the M88 and M53 engines for the Rafale and Mirage 2000 fighters, respectively, and will be the systems integrator for the engine powering Europe's New-Generation Fighter.
*CFM International is a 50/50 joint company between Safran Aircraft Engines and GE.