Program / Customer Relations
Employees / Staff
Reports to: VP of Programs
Based at our DFW Airport location and reporting to the VP of Programs, the primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate the material stream for the CFM56 engine line. The role covers all aspects of material stream management from acquisition through to setting of sales price and supporting sales. This program coordinator position is primarily focused on CFM56 material, including engine parts and accessories, and on the growth of the LEAP engine in the future.
The coordinator position is intended for an individual with the desire to learn and grow within the company. The primary duties are to assist the Program Managers in their day to day activities, as well as learning and assisting the other Program functions, such as Repairs, Purchasing, and Services on an as needed basis. The ability to solve problems and to learn and work with minimal supervision are key elements in succeeding in this role.
- • To forecast used material demand of customers.
- • To ensure a consistent supply of serviceable material to satisfy customer demands in support of the business plan and forecast. This will include negotiating the orders of piece parts and packages with quality approved suppliers.
- • Evaluating engines for acquisition and managing all tasks relating to the disassembly of the engine and repair of the material.
- • Assist in strategically managing Suppliers and Vendor relationships.
- • Provide commercial and technical support to the sales team.
- • Assist in managing consignment contracts and programs with external and internal customers.
- • Setting of Sales Price.
- • Building and maintenance of engine evaluation models.
- • Define or improve processes and material flow.
- • High level of personal integrity
- • Problem solver, and critical thinker
- • Detailed oriented, as errors could lead to significant monetary and/or reputation loss to the company
- • Sound business acumen
- • Well organized, critical thinking, ability to analyze technical data
- • Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects at the same time
- • Strong oral and written communication skills
- • Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- • Computer savvy, with a good expertise level in MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
Required Education and Experience
- • Bachelor's degree recent graduate or Associate degree with 5 years' experience in the aviation industry
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Travel may be required, including internationally, up to 10%
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Aircraft Engines designs, produces and sells, alone or in partnership, commercial and military aircraft engines offering world-class performance. Through CFM International*, Safran Aircraft Engines is the world's leading supplier of engines for single-aisle mainline commercial jets. The company is also fully responsible for the design, development and production of the M88 and M53 engines for the Rafale and Mirage 2000 fighters, respectively, and will be the systems integrator for the engine powering Europe's New-Generation Fighter.
*CFM International is a 50/50 joint company between Safran Aircraft Engines and GE.
Services ManagerPublished on 05/05/2021Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Programs
Consignment CoordinatorPublished on 05/05/2021Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Programs
Financial AnalystPublished on 02/26/2021Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Finance and management