Safran Aircraft Engines' Villaroche plant, 50 kilometers southeast of Paris, is the leading industrial employer in the Seine-et-Marne department. Created in 1947 for the ground and flight testing of commercial and military engines, the Villaroche plant spans some 86 hectares in the middle of the Brie plains. Villaroche has undergone considerable growth since then, becoming a major center for aeronautical design and testing.
The Villaroche site now houses Safran Aircraft Engines' Commercial Engine division (assembly and testing) and Military Engine division (assembly and testing), as well as the engineering department (research, design, development and certification of engines) and Sales & Marketing department.
Villaroche spans many different disciplines, with more than 2,500 engineers, technicians and management staff involved in all areas of advanced research, design and development. Other staff take charge of fitting, final assembly and testing of the engine subassemblies, prior to customer delivery.
The plant has 12 engine test rigs, including one for the GE90, which is one of the two largest closed test cells in Europe, and about 40 partial test facilities.
Villaroche is certified to the ISO 14001 standard, which means that its production facilities, workshops, test rigs and laboratories are designed and managed to minimize environmental impact.
The Villaroche site also houses other Safran group companies, namely Hispano-Suiza, Safran Power and Safran Engineering Services, as well as the Group's Aerospace Museum. Created in 1989, this Museum offers a complete overview of the products and technical advances marking the history of the oldest aircraft-engine manufacturer in the world.
Learn more: Safran Aerospace Museum.
Safran Aircraft Engines Villaroche
Rond Point René Ravaud - Réau
Phone: +33 (0)1 60 59 71 23
Fax: +33 (0)1 60 59 71 36